An Exciting Opportunity for STEM Majors in College & High School Juniors/Seniors
• 1 -2 years for experience working and conducting hands-on activities with school age children in a camp setting, teaching, tutoring, etc.
• Scheduling flexibility with availability to wok at least 3-4 hour chunks of time between 8 AM to 5:30 PM on weekdays during summer.
• High school students, Junior and Senior, are the ideal candidates.
• Dependability, can-do attitude, responsibility and ability to work in fast changing environments.
• Superior communications and a fun-loving personality.
• Ability to work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children, co-workers and clients.
• Understanding of basic scientific and mathematics principles.
• Eagerness to learn, create, tinker and comfortable with technology.
• Flexibility to work in various locations in and around Raleigh 20-30 miles in radius on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to make traveling engagements during summer months.
• Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office tools like Excel and Powerpoint.
• Experience with computer programming is a plus.
• High quality and professionalism is a must as we are looking for role models for children.
• Assist the STEM Coach by providing support for activities with children and maintaining discipline while ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all children.
• Manage materials – including but not limited to buying, planning, transporting, setting up and cleanup of materials.
• Conduct hands-on activities.
• Supervise and engage with children during lunch and play time.
• Other responsibilities include handling customer interface, program registrations, tuition collection, responding to phone and email enquiries, and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Our camps and workshops are dynamic with a high level of activity; candidate must be able to sustain a high level of energy
• Expect to stand up to 95% of the day; able to bend or assume postures in low level positions to make eye-contact and work with children on the floor as needed
• Perform all activities with children like play, jump, walk, run for extended periods of time indoors and outdoors.
• Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children’s well being
• Must be flexible and able to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment.
• Work hours and location will vary to meet the needs of children.
• Expect to work upto 5 days / 20-30 hours during summer weeks (flexible).
• Expect to work one weekend and/or one late evening per month.
• Job is paid hourly at a competitive rate based on education & experience.