Year Round Part Time Job Opportunities - Engage young minds in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math; Learn new skills yourself & have fun!
• Lead engineering, robotics & computer programming activities (afterschool programs, in-school field trips, and camps) with children.
• Maintain discipline while ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all children.
• Bachelor degree or degree-in-progress in science, math, engineering or education field.
• Interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) and its role in today’s economy.
• Dependability, can-do attitude, responsibility, and ability to work in fast-changing environments.
• Superior communications and a fun-loving personality.
• Ability to maintain positive relationships with parents, children, co-workers, and clients.
• Understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles.
• Eagerness to learn, create, tinker and comfortable with technology.
• Flexibility to work in various locations in and around Columbia, SC.
• High quality and professionalism is a must as we are looking for role models for children.
• Prior experience working with children & knowledge of computer programming is a plus.
• Programs are dynamic with a high level of activity; you must be able to sustain a high level of energy
• Expect to stand up to 95% of the day; able to bend or assume postures in low-level positions to make eye-contact and work with children on the floor as needed
• Perform all activities with children like play, jump, run for extended periods of time in-and out-doors.
• Must possess acceptable hearing and visual abilities to monitor environment and children’s well-being.
• Hours and location vary – programs are conducted in schools, churches, and other community spaces.
• Job is paid hourly at a competitive rate based on education & experience.
• Benefit: Discounted camp rates for school-age children, if applicable.